Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Needle Painting

Stitch after stitch. Line after line. Back and forth and up and down for days.

So far the creation looks just like a shoe polishing rag. Something to do the dishes with?

Making a foundation cloth for further embroidery. Only using stitches and "Solvy". It takes less time to spin the threads and weave the cloth.

The result so far is a ragged remnant and a sore back.

Burnt some small balls for jewelry. They worked very well.

2 comments:

Barry Scott said...

Dear Material Witness,

As you have named sculpture as one of your interests on your blog, you might like to visit by website and/or my tutorial blog:

http://barryjohnscottartist.webeden.co.uk/

http://barrysbigclay.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Barry John Scott

material witness said...

Thanks for writing. I took a look at your tutorial blog and it is great. Process writing is still a challenge for me.

Unfortunately, it now looks like I will have to go out and buy me some clay.