Purpose

Material Witness will focus on extreme textile process. Images will be posted here showing the history of my work, new work, developing projects and inspiration.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nitobe Garden

Water silencing the world


Japanese Azalea imitating a sea creature

Lichen and moss

Bark

Scott documenting a black widow spider I knocked off Celine. Remain calm

Marks on the stone

Serene Celine

Scott documenting me

Celine and Scott kidnapped me today and made me go to Nitobe Gardens. Which was extremely generous of them considering they just moved house last week. Needed to get out of this project filled environment and just absorb some beauty.

I haven't been there for years. It is a beautiful Japanese garden at the University of British Columbia.

Celine has considered all corners of Nitobe and found incredible little corners for me. Scott has photo-documented the seasons. He was trying out his new lens while I had my little wuss of a camera.

No comments: